유나이티드 항공이 레깅스 입은 여성 승객 3명의 탑승을 거부했다. 논란이 일자 항공사는 지난 26일 복장 규정을 명시하며 탑승을 거부할 권리가 있다고 해명했다.
1) A @united gate agent isn't letting girls in leggings get on flight from Denver to Minneapolis because spandex is not allowed?— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 26, 2017
2) She's forcing them to change or put dresses on over leggings or they can't board. Since when does @united police women's clothing?— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 26, 2017
3) Gate agent for flt 215 at 7:55. Said she doesn't make the rules, just follows them. I guess @united not letting women wear athletic wear?— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 26, 2017
.@united They just boarded after being forced to change or put dresses on over the top of their clothing. Is this your policy?— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 26, 2017
2) This behavior is sexist and sexualizes young girls. Not to mention that the families were mortified and inconveninced.— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 26, 2017
3) As the mother of 4 daughters who live and travel in yoga pants, I'd like to know how many boys @United has penalized for the same reason.— Shannon Watts (@shannonrwatts) March 26, 2017
유나이티드 항공은 "맨발이거나 제대로 옷을 입지 않은" 승객의 탑승을 거부할 권리가 있다고 명시된 운임 계약 규정을 언급하며 왓츠에게 해명했다.
규정은 "제대로 된 복장"이 무엇인지 설명하지 않았지만, 항공사는 이 판단을 탑승수속 직원들에게 맡긴다고 전했다.
유나이티드 항공은 왓츠와 문제를 제기한 트위터리안들에게 탑승을 거부당한 승객들이 직원 가족용 탑승권으로 비행하는 승객들이었다며, 이 때문에 더욱 엄격한 복장 규정을 적용할 수밖에 없었다고 말했다.
@shannonrwatts (2/2) There is a dress code for pass travelers as they are representing UA when they fly. ^KP— United (@united) March 26, 2017
항공사는 배우 패트리샤 아퀘트를 비롯해 이 규정에 분노한 이들에게 같은 해명문을 보냈다.
아퀘트는 영혼 없는 해명에 다시 항공사를 비난했다.
@united Leggings are business attire for 10 year olds. Their business is being children.— Patricia Arquette (@PattyArquette) March 26, 2017
여러 트위터리안들은 유나이티드 항공을 이용하게 된다면 꼭 레깅스나 쫄쫄이 바지를 입겠다고 다짐했다.
It's not going to be a pretty sight, but I'm going to wear yoga pants for my next @united flight.— Andrew Millspaugh (@armillspaugh) March 26, 2017
I'm actually flying United Airlines this afternoon. I will be wearing leggings in protest. @united your staff needs training— Dwayne Benjamin (@dwaynebenji) March 26, 2017
I don't usually travel in leggings, but strongly considering them now for my @united flight on Wednesday.— Erin A. Hennessy (@ErinAHennessy) March 26, 2017
한편, 슈퍼모델 크리시 타이겐은 다음번에 유나이티드 항공을 탈 때 이런 옷을 입겠다고 밝혔다.
I have flown united before with literally no pants on. Just a top as a dress. Next time I will wear only jeans and a scarf.— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 26, 2017
허핑턴포스트US의 'United Airlines Defends Right To Block Girls In Leggings'를 번역, 편집한 것입니다.